The search engines below generally provide safe internet searching for kids:
- KidsClick! A free web search tool for kids that is maintained by librarians.
- ipl2 for Kids A free search site maintained by librarians and supported by many leading universities.
Resources For Students
- Texas Reality Check – 5th grade counseling lesson
- Jungle Interactive – Internet Explorer (needs Shockwave)
- Kahoot.it Play with your class
- Create a Graph Create and export a variety of graphs.
- FunBrain Games and educational activities for kids.
- Kids.gov The official kids’ portal to the U.S. government.
- National Geographic Kids Videos, activities, games, and stories about the science and social studies.
- National Library of Virtual Manipulatives Math activities with math manipulatives.
- NetSmartzKids Videos and games about internet safety and personal safety.
- RRISD Elementary Internet Links A collection of useful links organized by subject.
- Scholastic Family Playground Games and activities for elementary students. Includes a section for parents, too.
- Starfall Games and activities for early readers.
- Union Hill Library Research Resources Home access information is available from the librarian.
- Career Kids – My First Resume
Password-Protected Resources For Students
Usernames and passwords for the following resources are available from classroom teachers, intervention teachers, school counselor, the instructional technology specialist, and/or the librarian. Resources marked with an * are assigned to select students only.
- CC Spark Career Readiness Curriculum
- Career View backup for Career Readiness
- *Destination Reading Reading skills and practice.
- *First in Math Math skills and practice.
- *HeadSprout Reading intervention for early readers.
- *Learning.com A site with technology, math, and science lessons.
- Pearson Social Studies Textbook
- StemScopes 2.0 Science instruction, activities, and quizzes that are assigned by teachers.
- *Ticket to Read Reading intervention for intermediate readers.
- *Think Through Math A research-based math intervention system provided by the State of Texas for grades 3-8.