The search engines below generally provide safe internet searching for kids:
- KidsClick! A free web search tool for kids that is maintained by librarians.
- ipl2 for Kids A free search site maintained by librarians and supported by many leading universities.
Resources For Students
- Texas Reality Check – 5th grade counseling lesson
- Kahoot.it Play with your class
- Create a Graph Create and export a variety of graphs.
- FunBrain Games and educational activities for kids.
- Kids.gov The official kids’ portal to the U.S. government.
- National Geographic Kids Videos, activities, games, and stories about science and social studies.
- National Library of Virtual Manipulatives Math activities with math manipulatives.
- NetSmartzKids Videos and games about internet safety and personal safety.
- RRISD Elementary Internet Links A collection of useful links organized by subject.
- Scholastic Family Playground Games and activities for elementary students. Includes a section for parents, too.
- Starfall Games and activities for early readers.
- STEMScopes Comprehensive science for PreK – 12
- Union Hill Library Research Resources Home access information is available from the librarian.
- Career Kids – My First Resume
Password-Protected Resources For Students
Usernames and passwords for the following resources are available from classroom teachers, intervention teachers, school counselor, the instructional technology specialist, and/or the librarian. Resources marked with an * are assigned to select students only.